Red Sea Reefer XL425 – White
Red Sea’s REEFER series combines a contemporary, rimless, ultra-clear glass aquarium with a stylish cabinet and a comprehensive water management system, including a professional sump with integrated automatic top-up, and Red Sea’s unique silent down-flow system.
The REEFER XL425 has dimensions of 47″ x 22″ x 22.6″ and a total system volume of 422 liters
Available on backorder
- Reefer Series Spec Comparison
The Red Sea REEFER systems are designed for ease of operation, while still enabling the hobbyist to install a custom choice of lighting, filtration, circulation and controllers to create a uniquely personalized system.
The REEFER XL 425 and REEFER XL 525 models are both 7.5cm/3″ wider than the regular equivalent REEFER 350 & 450, enabling you to create substantial aquascaping while still providing plenty of water volume and space for your aquarium inhabitants. Both also feature proportionately larger sumps with an extra 3cm / 1.2″ water height in the skimmer chamber.
REEFER aquariums are constructed from thick, beveled-edge, ultra-clear glass; the aquarium then sits on a recessed base that “floats” it above the cabinet, which seamlessly follows the contour of the glass. The marine-spec laminated cabinet that houses the sump is smartly finished with weatherproof, epoxy-painted doors and all models are available in either black or white.
The REEFER series aquariums are all equipped with Red Sea’s Water Management System; consisting of removable surface-skimming combs surrounding the top of a centrally located overflow box which flows into the sump. The overflow box houses the downpipe, sump return pipe and the discreet multi-directional “eyeball” return outlet nozzle. In the event of a blockage in the regulated downpipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump.
On entering the sump the water passes through a 200 micron mechanical filter bag, before entering the filtration compartment that maintains a constant water height, making it suitable for all skimmers and other reactors. In order to remove any air bubbles that may have escaped from the skimmer, the water passes through a bubble-stripping cascade on its way to the return pump chamber. To ensure a constant water level in the pump compartment, all REEFER sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system.
Supplied as a complete self-assembly kit, all pipe work is ready without the need for any gluing.
All Red Sea REEFER’s include:
- A rimless, ultra-clear, beveled edge glass aquarium
- Elegant marine-spec cabinet
- Professional sump with constant height skimmer chamber and micron filter bags
- Silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow
- Surface Skimmer with removable combs
- Integrated automatic top-up system with reservoir
- Assembly-ready piping – no gluing required
Ultra clear front glass thickness: 15 mm (5/8”)
- Display tank water volume (L): 332 (88 gal)
- In cabinet sump water volume (L): 90 (24 gal)
- Total system water volume (L): 422 (112 gal)
- RO reservoir volume (L): 12 (3.2 gal)
- Display tank length (cm): 120 (47″)
- Display tank height (cm): 55 (22″)
- Display tank width (cm): 57.5 (22.6″)
- Total system height with cabinet (cm): 142 (56″)
- Water height (cm): 27 (10.6”)
- Skimmer chamber (cm): 49 x 34 (19.3”x 13.4”)
- Pump chamber (cm): 49 x 15 (19.3”x 6”)
- 3/4” threaded hose barb – Pipe Int. Dia 25 mm (1”)
- Recommended flow 4000 lph (pump not included)